Friday, February 18, 2011

Stitches!

My head is spinning from all the color and texture...we were pretty good. Didn't buy everything we wanted to, but just enough to sate the creative beast.

Quick run through the trends: sock yarn and small hand-dyers are still going strong. Also lots of indie pattern designers. It seems like there were more patterns for garments knitted from sock yarn...I guess there's just som many socks you can knit.

I thought (and Lara agreed) that the best and most interesting vendors were in the back of the venue, as usual. I have to do the numbers, but my impression was that there were at least as many vendors as last year. There certainly seemed to be plenty of customer participation! The parking lot was pretty full shortly after 10am. We had to bust through and open up the other half of the lot to ease the traffic.

I hope to return on Sunday to follow up first impressions.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia