Monday, August 1, 2011

New Obsession

After working on an outdoor sign this weekend, I'm in love with resin! Well, it has a beautiful, thick, glossy finish, but it is soooo bad for the environment. So, my love affair will be secret and/or brief. For awhile there I was thinking of putting resin on anything that didn't move. :-)

Tips:
  • Put the finish on when the project is new. The sign has been outdoors for 5 years and has some sun and water damage.
  • Use enough resin to get an even finish. I skimped a bit (since I wasn't sure how much to get) and there are some low spots.
  • Get all your tools together -- gloves, safety glasses, mask, stirring stick, pail large enough to mix resin and hardener, and a foam brush. And maybe an extra set of hands. It would have been nice to scrape out the pail to get every last drop.

Photos to follow later...

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia