Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wrapping Up Summer

Ha, ha! Summer probably has a ways to go, but I did finish a cape/shawl out of Cascade Sierra to help with the transition to cooler days. I picked up this yarn at commuknity in San Jose. These were end lots or discontinued colors of Sierra, so there were only single skeins available. I tried a striped version of the Kauai wrap, but I had trouble getting the carries up the side to look neat. And while I liked the way the colors looked together, there wasn't much contrast.


Using the pattern for Colonnade modified for the lighter weight yarn, I am please with the way it turned out, but the contrast between colors is certainly right out there! I found the perfect button at Green Planet Yarn. They have a great selection of tagua nut buttons in a wide variety of colors. I found one to match the Bermuda Blue and one to match the Waterlily yarn. I ended up using the first button as a fastener.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia