Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shabby Chic Nightstand

...with a secret compartment. I don't have a photo of what this nightstand started as...it was pretty much plain black. Then I sprayed it white and added gold accents, a glass knob on a faux drawer, and a place to keep small treasures.
the nightstand
I used glossy white spray paint, gold acrylic paint, and gold oil paint. Some places worked better with the acrylic gold, others required the gold oil paint, but it all blends. The table is more of an occasional table than a nightstand, but since beds are getting taller and fluffier, it should work. But it doesn't have a drawer or storage other than the bottom shelf, so I added a secret compartment...

jar attached to the underside of the table top
The table has a deep lip that creates a lot of space under the table top. I glued the lid of a jar to the underside and screwed the jar to it, a la hardware storage in the workshop. It will hold small trinkets out of the way. I might come up with an idea that will allow for storing larger things, so I placed the jar off to one side.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia