Thursday, December 13, 2012

Boutique Follow-Up

Well, the boutique went pretty well. I sold a few things, but ended up with several commissions. It's nice to have my knitting appreciated and compensated, but it does take some of the fun out of knitting. Fortunately, the projects were quick and turned out well.

Jennifer's mom wanted a cotton version of the moebius cowl. It was a bit difficult to find a cotton yarn that would work for the pattern. I ended up with Lang Sol Degrade, which is a variegated/striping aran-weight ribbon yarn. I'm really happy with how it turned out, even though I had to rip it out and knit it again because I didn't make detailed notes about how I made the original. More information on Ravelry.


I also had a commission for a navy watch cap, which you think would be easy, but it needed to have a deep ribbed brim and work for worsted weight yarn. I selected Encore Worsted in a dark blue, it wasn't exactly navy, though. Why doesn't the finished hat look blue?


And Jennifer wanted a hat for her mom to match the cowl. I didn't think the Sol Degrade would work well for a hat, but I didn't know of a non-wool yarn that would work. So I picked Martha Stewart's Extra Soft Wool Blend since it is washable and mostly non-wool. I picked Grumperina's Odessa for the pattern since it has a swirl ridge pattern that complements the diagonal pattern in the cowl. The color is also a good match. Again, the hat does not look blue in the photo...Ravelry Notes.


0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia