Friday, March 13, 2015

Pooling Update

Well, I wasn't happy with the way the pattern was going, so I measured the color runs on the second skein and tried again. Here's the Planned Pooling calculation for that skein:
So I cast on and started knitting:

I liked that much better, so I did more calculations on the first skein, and found that 46 stitches worked well with it, too, so I'll start over again.
As I'm going along, the pattern is changing because the color segments aren't equal throughout each skein. But I'm hoping that the variation will just add interest to the finished scarf. Otherwise, I'll have to change the project entirely. Hitchhiker and Trillian are two options, especially since there are good examples of what the sports teams colors look like in those patterns.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia