Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders
by Judith Durant
What a great idea! I have so many sock yarns (61 skeins, the last time I checked) and don't really want to make that many socks. Some of them I bought to make shawls, but even that is a bit excessive. This book has so many great ideas and projects, and best of all, the Barnes & Noble edition I picked up has 5 additional patterns! OK, maybe that's overkill.

I am looking forward to making some wristwarmers, gloves and fingerless mittens as well as scarves and shawls. The baby sweaters are lovely and sock yarns are perfect since they are washable. However, I don't know if I'll be able to part with my yarns, and I don't know of any babies small enough for these sweaters. Doesn't hurt to be prepared!

This book is not on Ravelry...yet.

***** - 5 stars for the projects based on the photos. :-)

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia