Monday, August 27, 2012

Furry Office Chair

Pottery Barn Teen has some very nice furry office chairs, but the price is a bit high (especially when you factor in shipping).

via PB Teen
So, I looked for a chair to modify. I found an office chair for $15 at IKEA; it is available in blue or red, and is mostly plastic. I decided to spray the back and seat white before assembling the chair, so add in another $5 for spray paint.

Then, I picked out some medium length faux fur fabric. It is at least 60" wide, so you probably could get away with 1/2 or 5/8 yards, but I went for a full yard. Considering it was on sale and the end of the bolt, I got 1 1/3 yards for $14. It ended up just taking a 20" by 40" piece of fur.

Two seams to make a pocket for the chair back and some sticky Velcro, and it's done! It's not as plush, but it'll do.

IKEA chair with fur slipcover

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia