Monday, August 27, 2012

Wrap Bracelet with Beads

Ever since my friend came back from a trip to Lake Tahoe with a wrap bracelet, I've been wanting one. And I said, Hey, I can *make* one! So begins another craft experience...

First, I had to find out how to make a beaded wrap bracelet, so I went to Google and YouTube. This is the tutorial I followed, mostly. But I also used this recipe from Fusion Beads for reference.

I checked a couple of websites for supplies. One recommended 4mm Swarovski crystals, but when I saw how small 4mm beads are, I wanted to use something larger. I picked some 8mm stone beads and got started with version one. Turns out, that's a little heavy, so I took it apart.

Next, I picked out some glass 6mm beads and found I had some clear nylon beading thread, so started again. Got about halfway through, and then the thread tangled and broke. I got to thinking that the thread was a bit heavy to double, and I was tired of stabbing myself with the long, big-eyed bead needle, so I picked up some brown beading thread and smaller needles.

Third time's the charm, I guess. I finished the bracelet! Only problem, it's about an inch too long, but that's better than being too short. Overall, it's about 36" long and wraps 4 times around my wrist. I have 4mm beads and plan to try another.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia