Monday, February 23, 2015

Stitches West 2015

This year I could only go for one day, and only on the last day. Once again, Sunday is a quiet day at the show. I think they have the big drawing just to get people in the door. I started at the back of the show because that's where the newer vendors end up and I find them to be the most interesting.

Absent this year: Brooks Farm for the second year and Jordana Paige. Popular newcomer: Toth - the booth was very picked over; they did have some classy pattern support - classic designs that show off the simple beauty of their yarn.

Most vendors were dyers with yarn. It seemed smaller this year...or about the same size as last year. I wonder what the future will bring. Where are people getting their yarn? Where are people learning about new vendors? Ravelry? Facebook? Pinterest? Instagram? How can find out?

Anyway, I picked up some yarn from new-to-me producers, probably more than I should have. And for some reason this year my color selections were dark and muted. I guess I wasn't shopping for the girly teens .And no "sweater" quantities.


From left to right, top to bottom: Dragonfly Fibers Squishy Lace, Pepperberry Knits Mini Skein Fun Size Bundle Sport, 2 Guys Yarn Company MCN DK, Polka Dot Sheep Stumptown DK, Black Wolf Ranch Alpaca Blend with Angeline, Indigodragonfly Wingenhooven.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia