Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Three-Color Cowl

Well, I didn't end up using all of Bird's Egg and Egret. I have about 10g of each leftover.

Section 1 in Egret using the grill stitch does curl along the edges because of the alternating knit and purl rows. This section is also the softest...maybe because Egret is not dyed?

Section 2 in Bird's Egg and Egret does not curl, and so it is my favorite section. It lies nice and flat because it is all knit. I did make a mistake, but didn't go back to fix it so it will just add some character.

Section 3 in all three colors doesn't curl exactly...it pulls a bit on the diagonal and the edges are wavy. I'm hoping that blocking with straighten it all out. This is the most nubbly of the stitch patterns.

Next up, vigorous blocking! Wet and steam to work out the kinks, then I'll sew the short edges together to make it into a loop. Let's see it's 3x18" long...that's...54"? Right? That should be long enough to twist once into two loops.

Pictures coming soon!

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia