Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chevrons

I always seem to have problems with chevrons...First, I made the Lila Cowl with the lovely cashmere collection from Pepperberry Knits. I loved the color selection for this cowl and the pattern - but it was the packaging that sold me.

8 colors on a binder ring with the pattern

I followed the directions, but found I needed to knit 5 stitches between increases and decreases. It all worked out in the end.



Now, I've started the Zig Cowl using a selection of DK yarns from Stitches West 2015 and my trip to Mendocino last year. While I still needed to use a provisional cast on and I'll need to kitchener at the end, this is a flat cowl. I ran into trouble because knitting 12 stitches between the decreases didn't work out...if I stick with the 72 stitches I cast on (and I will because what a pain to change that!), I need to change 12 to 10. Now I'm making some headway.

* I see on the Ravelry page for the Zig pattern that they have corrected it to cast on 82 stitches. But I feel that 72 stitches is wide enough.

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia