Friday, May 22, 2015

Mannequin Head

For some reason, I got the idea that I need a model for my knit hat photos. I took a look on Pinterest, and decided to customize a styrofoam head. I'm sure I could find one locally, perhaps even at Michaels, but I ordered one from Amazon along with some other things. Issue: Although the head was packed with air cushions, the nose got flattened a bit. This is okay because I was going to cover it with paper for a better paint surface so I'll build the nose up again.

Here's the original (scary) head:
Here's the head with it's newspaper coating:

 Here's the head with some features to check for size and positioning:


I plan on putting a coat of gesso over the newspaper, so the features will get covered up again. I think the eyes might need to be a bit smaller. I'll also need to figure out the hairline. Should I add some texture for the hair? Should I add the suggestion of ears?

0 comments:

 
Support Wikipedia